Translate

Sunday 19 April 2015

Wordplay

Bad blogger...I've been reading solidly these last few months, but not writing much beyond the necessary contract work that puts the odd penny into my hungry bank account! However, this appeared on my Facebook feed this morning and reminded me of just how much I enjoy the actual words when I'm reading.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/danieldalton/bob-ombinate?utm_term=.brwYNROj4#.txLEv2GMR7

Favourite from that page - this one:
I didn't know there was a word for that at all - and it pleased me no end find this as I scrolled!

Underneath the post were two more related pages, one with another perfect bookish word I'll leave you to find and enjoy, and the last that I included just because it's so much fun. Imagine trying to use some of those now obsolete words now - although, as I write, it's truly lumming down here in Sydney - so perhaps there are occasions to revisit them!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/danieldalton/ever-embasan#.yomzrGxEMB

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/27-delightful-obsolete-words-its-high-time-we-revived#.lvogwV6NpG

3 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful day outside but I have to stick in the office and work. So I'm feeling a little grumpish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! As you've possibly seen in the news, it's lumming down in Sydney... Day three of the storm. Quite something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I have read about it. I don't know the north of Sydney very well, certainly not been up towards Newcastle, but it all sounds a bit devastating. I stayed in Paddington for 6 months.

    ReplyDelete